For the past two days, I have given you core wardrobe tips to help you create a wardrobe you will love. But these are tough economic times and you may not want to spend the money to create a brand-new ten-piece wardrobe.
(1) Obviously, you will first want to explore your own closet for anything that fits your energy type and begin building a wardrobe on whatever you find.
(2) And you also can shop low-budget stores such as thrift stores and consignment shops.
(3) Choose one or two colors and build on them to create a wardrobe a few pieces at a time.
But if you know you are going to need to start over, here is a slightly-pared down list adapted from recommendations from StyleYOUniversity.
“With as few as 9 pieces in your wardrobe you can create 20 outfits. The most versatile core wardrobe begins with the following items…” ~~StyleYOUniversity
(1) Two suits (or combination of cardigan and pants if your lifestyle is more casual) in your best neutral shade (solid) (4 pieces)
(2) Two matching blouses (patterned or solid) (2 pieces)
(3) A jacket or cardigan in one of two accent colors you have chosen for your core wardrobe (1 piece)
(4) A skirt or pair of pants in that same color (1 piece)
(5) Blouse in your version of white (your best color) or the other accent color (1 piece)
She suggest that you can get 20 outfits out of the different combinations you can put together. I tried it and I think she is right, thought there may be some combinations you are more fond of than others and thus, are likely to wear more often.
Need to pare down even more than that in your planning? Choose a cardigan, shirt and bottom (skirt or pants) in one color and the same in another color that matches.
Six pieces ~ ten outfits!
See you next time…